PDA

View Full Version : Help with my new PFO HQI SETUP

cthedaytrader
10/01/2008, 09:22 PM
I just bought a new dual HQI 150W PFO ballast. I also bought two PFO HQI mini pendants. I ended up waiting an extra week to get the mini pendants while I had the ballast sitting here.

Now I went to test it tonight and neither pendant is lighting, I tried turning it off and waiting and turning it back on, re adjusting the bulbs.

There is a slight buzz coming from the ballast. How long does it take to fire the bulbs, I have left it on for about ten minutes or so and nothing. Am I doing something wrong, they are just plug and play arent they?

ANy suggestions?

cthedaytrader
10/02/2008, 10:36 AM
bump

paper clip
10/02/2008, 01:58 PM
check the cable make sure it is plugged in all the way, they will not fire if they are not. Also make sure the bulbs are seated all the way.

cthedaytrader
10/02/2008, 06:00 PM
This is a 150W dual HQI ballast so it should only be for the double ended bulbs.

I checked the bulbs just now, they all fire normally in my sunpod. I took my 3 month old phoenix and it it fired up in the pfo but it just shot an arc of electicity through the bulb for a few minutes and stopped.

I used my powerpaq bulb amd it too fired up briefly after it had been in the sunpod first but then fizzled out.

They told me I should let it burn for 8 hours? Does a ballast need to burn in? I know the bulbs are fine, and the mini pendats must be fine since some power is going through.