PDA

View Full Version : Death Trap Update

kokaneejr
10/02/2008, 09:28 PM
So after consulting with members of my local group and taking ideas from you guys I decided to remove my sand scrub some rock and start again.

This time everything seemed normal so I waited a couple weeks and added an indestructable damsel from my LFS.

We tested the water for everything we could think of and everything came out pretty good.

Temp 78
Am 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0 on chemical test but low (forget the #) on a mechanical tester at the store.
Copper 0

We decided that the Damsel which is about 3-4" long would be a good subject for the test. He had ben returned many times before.

I put him in and it has been a week now and he is still alive but hides the entire time. I have fed him little bits but have not seen him eat.

Any ideas or do new fish go through this. Maybe my problem still exists. Havent tried electrical tests yet but I don't feel anything and I tried a night without the skimmer and heaters and no changes.

Let me know if any of you have any suggestions. As I said before, I had a tank for years and it all went pretty good barring a few mechanical failures.

Thanks for helping...Craig

p.s. if you missed the last thred here it is.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showt...hreadid=1464776