PDA

View Full Version : TUNZE Osmolator

fishez4alivin
10/03/2008, 10:39 AM
I noticed that my water level was low, and checked my reservoir and found it completely full. The pump works, only when I unplug the unit, and plug it back in. It works for a short time, then shuts off. The controller says its level, via green light. The only way to get it to the correct level, is to keep turning it off, and turning it back on. The unit was purchased new from Marine Depot in March of 2008.

wartskin
10/03/2008, 12:42 PM
Roger will be back on Monday morning to answer you question for you. I apologize for not being able to help you further but this Roger knows much more about this product than I do.

Jar*Head
10/03/2008, 12:57 PM
Check both of your sensor make sure it clean and work properly.

rvitko
10/06/2008, 08:55 AM
There are three possible causes, all relate to a part on the board that acts as a circuit breaker if the pump draws too much power.

The hose run is too short, with a low head pressure the pump draws more power. Running to a sump instead of the tank is a common culprit.

The wiring is corroded, check the terminal where you connect the pump, if you see any corrosion the terminal should be replaced and the wires cut back to clean shiny wire and retinned.

The PTC (circuit breaker) is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Blindside
10/06/2008, 02:14 PM
mine just wont work (Pump)dont see any visible corosion on terminals but will cut back and try anyway. If this doesn't fix the issue what are the next steps ....replacement pump?

rvitko
10/06/2008, 02:36 PM
How old is it? You could test the pump with a 9V battery to see if it will work but it should be a very brief test.

fishez4alivin
10/10/2008, 01:21 PM
cleaned the sensor, its all working