PDA

View Full Version : Fish for New tank, what do you think ?

Jordan_Oreo
10/04/2008, 10:27 PM
Hey, My 60G is getting ready for fish so I was thinking of what I want to put in there. This is what Iam thinking so far:

-Powder brown tang
-Gold Head Sleeper Goby(not shure if its a good choice)
-venustus angel
-Black Ocellaris clown
-solar wrasse

What do you think of thoes fish for a 60G reef tank ? Any input or advice on these fish would be great.
Thanks

J

BangkokMatt
10/04/2008, 11:15 PM
I doubt powder brown and the Venustus would be happy in a 60g

mhills16
10/04/2008, 11:23 PM
unless they are an exteme small juvenile i agree, but you may get away with it if they are extremely small, but otherwise sounds good!

AuroraDrvr
10/05/2008, 01:58 AM
The Venustus will not have enough live rock to sustain itself in a 60g. The Powder Brown is also a poor choice for a 60g.

lilchris
10/05/2008, 04:54 AM
I would go with the solorensis Cirrhilabrus wrasse. They are colorful and active. I had mine for about 2 months now and he is great.

Jordan_Oreo
10/05/2008, 08:08 AM
What would be some wise choices for the tank ? I also have just about 70lbs of live rock now

JamesJR
10/05/2008, 10:51 AM
Hey J

I have some suggestions. Hopefuly they will be helpful.
I think the Solar fairy wrasse and clown fish will be excellent choices.

my suggestions:

-Powder brown tang ; I don't think a tang would be very appropriate for a 60 gallon tank. Powder browns can be dellicate to begin with. long term you are better off looking into other fish.

-Gold Head Sleeper Goby(not shure if its a good choice)
Need sand. I personally don't like them much because they tend to get sand all over the tank.

-venustus angel- I would shy away from venustus angels until you get more experience. These fish are very difficult to get to start feeding. Mostly, I think it is more a matter of luck if you get one to start feeding. If your tank was much bigger and had more places for it to graze your odds would be better. I would avoid them. Look into the dwarf angels (centropyge).

JamesJR
10/05/2008, 10:53 AM
Fish suggestions:

Coral beauty or flame angel,

midas blenny (never had a fish with such personality)

Jordan_Oreo
10/05/2008, 05:58 PM
How about a lemon peal angel ? anyone have experience with them in a reef tank ?

BangkokMatt
10/05/2008, 08:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13489606#post13489606 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jordan_Oreo
How about a lemon peal angel ? anyone have experience with them in a reef tank ?
They are notorious coral eaters - in fact they are considered the worst as far as centropyges go. Avoid.