PDA

View Full Version : LED Moonlights how much is too much?

Diveshaman
10/05/2008, 10:14 AM
I am looking to hear from others on how often they run their moon lights? I have heard it does not effect night time activities but question whether or not it is a good idea to run all night long? Should tank have complete darkness or are moonlights safe to run all night?

FranktheTankTx
10/05/2008, 11:49 AM
They won't hurt at all. I run one over my 54g corner. MH will go off at 6pm and the moonlight will come on at 8pm - 6am.

areze
10/05/2008, 11:49 AM
maybe mine was too bright, but my corals didnt fully close at night with it on, nor did they fully open.

Ive heard similair results from only 1 other person and countless accounts from people that run all night without issue.

personally, I only know 2 things, the fish arent scared of the dark, maybe a moonlight hampers things, but Im sure it doesnt help them. and my electricity isnt free, even for a handful of efficient LEDs.

so, I run the moonlights as late as I would ever possibly see them(I think its set to 1AM, maybe 2...) then they go off till the next night. best of everyworld, long as you have the extra timer to control them.

Diveshaman
10/05/2008, 12:33 PM
Much appreciated thanks for your input