PDA

View Full Version : ATI Powermodule

steelersfan
10/05/2008, 12:38 PM
I am looking at ordering a Lee-Mar open top tank with the following deminsions (36" L x 24" W x 20" H). As far as lighting, I was looking at the ATI Powermodule 36" fixture with 6 x 39w. Do you think that this fixture will be enough light to cover the width of this tank? From extensive reading on this site, this seems to me to be a good unit for the money. At this point, I would be keeping LPS, Ricordias, and other softies in this tank. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

skey44
10/05/2008, 01:17 PM
I woulld do 6 unless you want sps and clams in all four corners of the tank. you'll probably still end up hiding most of the corals you mentioned for a while. make sure to go heavy actinic if you use this fixture with low light corals or you will bleach them.

skey44
10/05/2008, 01:18 PM
great fixtures btw, I love both of mine.

Paulairduck
10/05/2008, 01:36 PM
when I ran my sps tank with my ATI and Zeo, colors were never better!!

steelersfan
10/05/2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback. I think that I will go ahead with this fixture. I have never used T-5's in the past, so I am learning as much as I can. On my 90 gallon Tech tank, I have the Aqualight Pro with 2 x 250 MH (Aquaconnect 14k bulbs) and 2 x 96 actinics. It has been a good fixture for me. With my new tank, I wanted to go with T-5's.

Skey44,
I know that there are tons of responses to the different bulbs that people like to use, but I wanted to know what configuration of bulbs you would recommend for this tank. I am a big fan of the blue look. Thanks again for the help.