PDA

View Full Version : t-5 bulb selection

rduong89
10/05/2008, 10:14 PM
OK so i have a light unit with 6 t-5s and 2x250 MH. My MH now are phoenix 14k. I would like to know what bulbs should i get to bring out the color of my coral like my acans, scolys, lobos, zoas, and a few sps.i was planning to go with

UVL super actinic
Giesman pure actinic
UVL 75/25
Giesman actinic+
Giesman pure actinic
UVL super actinic

is that ok?

LesMartin
10/06/2008, 05:54 AM
You might be better posting this in the 'T5 Q&A @ thread. There are lots of similar questions/replies in there.

Paul_PSU
10/06/2008, 06:26 AM
I had a similar situation and asked the question over in that thread. Here is the thread http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13491997#post13491997 and my question and answer I received below:

quote:Originally posted by Paul_PSU
Grim,
I currently have a 75g with SPS, LPS, softies and a couple clams. I am running (2) 250w 14k Phoenix DE bulbs with (2) 54w T5 Tru-03 (from Hellolights). I just got a IC 660 4 bulb retro and will rebuild my canopy. I will try and squeeze the (6) T5 bulbs in with the MH if I can but I doubt it will fit with the individual reflectors. I will probably have to go with the (4) T5's in with them. I was thinking about adding the KZ Fiji purple to the Tru 03. What else would you recommend to make the reds and blues pop. I get plenty of green from my current setup.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I would use better lamps than the Tru's. Sorry but you can't build a good lamp for ten bucks

I would get 2 Blue Plus and 1 UVL 75/25. If the tru actinics are over 6 months old I would get a UVL super actinic too. The 75/25 has more red output than the fiji purple which doesn't look purple in any way shape or form to me. It has a violet/actinic tint to me. If you don't mind a bit of a purple look a ATI Pro color will really pop red and purple colors. If you ran that with 2 blues and a actinic I think it would look good. Just wire it for a blue and the actinic as your dusk dawn and the other two as maybe a pre midday before the halides come on.

Hobby Experience: too long