PDA

View Full Version : My "GEO" shelf

Racenrich
10/06/2008, 10:34 AM
Thought id share a photo of my GEO shelf that seems to taken over a corner of the basement!

Want to comment on nice this equipment is...:D

Calcium reactor has been running for 19 months now, 4th batch of media to date.

Kalkwasser has been in use for over 6 months.

Media filter been in use for 2 days...just added!

I slso upgraded the system pump from a Panworld 200 to a Reeflo Hammerhead this past weekend!

Enjoy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/xcmtbkr/System_EquipmentLarge.jpg

Rich K.

Phyxius
10/06/2008, 10:39 AM
I run all of those in my side cabinet but wish I could show them off on a shelf too so everyone could see them, Great equipment isn't it.

Looks great and 2 thumbs up

sivert55
10/06/2008, 11:07 AM
how do you like the new Hammerhead?

JRaquatics
10/06/2008, 11:22 AM
Looks good Rich. I really need to stop by some time and check out your new sump setup. How's the tank?

Racenrich
10/06/2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks all.

Hammerhead is abit noisy....MUCH more than the Panworld i had going!
I've sent Reeflo an email to confirm this...we'll see.
Outside that working flawlessly

JR...anytime bud. Things have been good thus far...Iv'e done alot of upgrades this year...prop tank, larger sump, main pump, Kalk, and media reactor.

To think i wanted it all down in February when the sump crashed. :D

cheers,
Rich

JRaquatics
10/06/2008, 12:02 PM
What was the reason you purchased a kalk reactor? The hammerhead should have a hum to it but not to the extent of being loud. That is a very good motor (baldor) on that Pump. I switched my dart with the AOsmith motor for the Dart with the Baldor motor and am more than pleased with it. How long has the pump been on the system?

Racenrich
10/06/2008, 12:13 PM
Kalk reactor was just for that...help maintain the levels within the tank, as well help stabilize the PH all the time, i dont go below 8 anymore........pumps been running for two days now.

reeflow emailed me stating that it could be captivating...doubtful on that...or the impeller is hitting the front shroud....or the bearings...
i'm wiating on a reply....he did state it should be as quite as a Panworld though...

Hence me purchasing that pump...good reviews and performance.

RK

JRaquatics
10/06/2008, 12:36 PM
I also doubt it is cavitating. It is however possible the impeller may be buried and is rubbing up against the back of the volute. Depending of the actual sound it is making. The impeller itself will create a good amount of sound till a slime (bacteria) coat is created. I just asked about the kalk reactor as I took mine off a couple of months ago and had not seen any changes in my PH fluctuations. But I have never noticed my PH go under 8.0. Are you feeding it on a timer, drip or off of your top off?

Jay180reef
10/06/2008, 01:57 PM
thanks for the idea....I think I'm going to do something drastic to my sump!

Racenrich
10/06/2008, 02:06 PM
JR...its a run-thru for the top-off...i have it mix 2x's daily and have been adding about 1/2 cup of kalk weekly. So it's a constant flow, as i lose about 5g per day! i will say the corals love it!

Jay..No problem....get er done already! :D