PDA

View Full Version : Carpet anemone mouth damage

EBH
10/06/2008, 11:41 AM
I fear I have been lured into getting a carpet anemone long before my set up was ready by a salesman eager to get the thing out of the store... Anyway my anemone has been looking very weak for a little while. It used to wander in and out of little hiding to get light, but stopped doing so (maybe the circulation was too strong out there?). I tried to move it today, but I'm afraid I damaged it's mouth in doing so:o

Is there any chance it'll recover from such a damage?

puter
10/06/2008, 02:38 PM
Many healthy "carpet anemones" can survive being cut in half, so is there a chance yours will recover.... sure.

Is it likely? Given that your profile suggests you've been at this about four months, the assumption that this is a recently imported anemone, no indication as to the type of anemone, and your observations... I would suggest the anemone is almost certainly doomed.

The best thing you can do at this point is to learn what you can from the experience. The first step is to figure out what type of anemone you have. Can you get a picture of it?

taylor t
10/06/2008, 05:37 PM
There is a chance, but what percent odds in your favor, I don't know. I do know they can recover. I would have rather read about it intead of posting it, but I had to experience it instead, I guess. I hope you're water is good.

I ripped a gigantea really bad trying to move it a couple weeks ago (a day after I posted some pics of it). Had a large golf ball size chunk hanging off the foot. About a 4 inch rip on the foot and up the side. It looked like it was going to die for about 3 days, but has made a full recovery, and is a big fluffy cookie monster, eating and acting good once again.
Haddoni's recover pretty easy, easier than gigantea. Had an accident (rock slide) with a haddani, next day looked o.k., not great, but not horrible, like gigantea did. Although, my haddoni wasn't ripped nearly as bad as my gigantea. Now I wonder if I should have just finished the gigantea rip, and have 2 now....just kidding. But, I did wonder...I'll try a haddoni first...

Good luck with yours.

Vi3tKid420
10/06/2008, 09:59 PM
check your water levels.