PDA

View Full Version : Aquapod 24 reef?????

aquaglobal
10/06/2008, 12:40 PM
Hi guys,
Ok, I want ot set a small tank up in my office. I like the idea of a all-in-one tank. I have NEVER owned one becasue I always felt they where inferior to a personally built set-up.
So, I want to keep some nice rare LPS corals maybe some SPS corals.
Will the Aqua pod be up to snuff for this? Can I upgrade the lighting if need be later for SRS corals?
How is the skimmer on this set-up? Is it superior to the JBJ tank?
Looking forward to hearing from all you Aqua Pod owners. Any pics?????

Thank you;)

Jadams
10/06/2008, 01:58 PM
I dont own an aquapod (nanocube owner) but I know they dont come with a skimmer. The only "cube" style nano that does is the BioCubes i think. IMO - you should get the Tunze 9002 skimmer. That will fit great in one of the 2 back chambers of the AquaPod. I would then upgrade the return pump to a MJ1200, and if you eventually want to keep SPS corals, just take the top off the tank (which you would have to do anyways for the skimmer to fit) and use a Sunpod MH fixture. Or you could go with a Viper MH clip on fixture as well. There are alot of different items to look at. Check out www.marinedepot.com

They have all you will need to get your tank up and running.

Good luck :D

aquaglobal
10/06/2008, 02:01 PM
Jeremy,
Thanks! Well, I did not want to have to really add anything to it besides a chiller. I do not want some huge monstrosity in my office with gadgets and crap everywhere!
The Aquapod "LOOKS" like it can take a few more lights in it! Maybe two T5's wedged in there. I like the skimmer idea as well.
I have a Deltec MC600 that I could hang off the back????? If not I could sell that and get the Tunze I suppose!
Thanks

james3370
10/06/2008, 06:54 PM
check http://www.nanotuners.com/ ....you can go from simple all the way up to top of the line. your budget is the main limiting factor LOL

jeremyj0247
10/06/2008, 07:06 PM
You should check out aquapods here.http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+13976&pcatid=13976 You can get the 24 with 150 watt MH sunpod. It comes with a glass top that just covers the display, leaves the filter open. I bet you could hang your skimmer off the back of that. I don't personally own this tank but I have the 12 and like it.

aquaglobal
10/06/2008, 07:55 PM
Jeremy,
Thanks! Thats a great deal man! THey shure no how to make it ugly lookin with that beat lookin reef set up in there,lol!
That tank looks to me though like it has alot of potential! Do you use yours for the Mantis shrimp?

jeremyj0247
10/06/2008, 08:17 PM
I don't have the mantis yet. I just set the tank up this weekend. I had the tank set up about a year ago. Then upgraded, then decided I needed a mantis so set the aquapod back up. But yea I thought that was a pretty good deal for a tank with MH. I have heard that people really like that setup.

aquaglobal
10/06/2008, 08:26 PM
Jeremy,
I like that advice! Ramp up the flow with a MJ 1200. With my Deltec hanging off the back it should be a good SPS tank if I wanted to go that route! I have a 1/10th chiller now too.
Hmmmmm, decisions desicions.............

Jadams
10/06/2008, 10:18 PM
Good luck, and that's a nice skimmer you have.... ;)