PDA

View Full Version : odyssea light fixture

danieldecook
10/06/2008, 03:05 PM
hello i bought a 72" light odyssea light fixture and got some new bulbs for it, not knowing they werent goin to work with the stock ballast, lesson learned.so i then proceded to find a ballast that will fire the bulbs. i have another cheap chinese knockoff ballast on my other tank i have been runin for a year now with no problems running the same cheap bulbs i just bought for my new fixture so i orderd the ballast. when i got it i hooked up the new ballast put the new bulbs in and nothing happened the ballast kicks on and everythin, just dont have and juice comming out i grabbed the wires with my bare hands to see if it would zap me and nothing. i contacted the seller and he said i needed to have two bulbs hooked up at same time for ballast to fire which i did. but my question is do you have to rewire the fixture for the ballast to work right?all i did was chop off some old computer cords to make it plug and play and the wires were all the same color white,green.black if anyone has any experience usin this fixture with a new ballast please gimme some input i know i have read icecaps are plug and play but i do not know about this particular ballast there is no brand name on it thanx