PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic scratch removal tool

rob020880
10/07/2008, 07:17 PM
A while back I remember seeing a link in some thread to a tool\machine that could remove acrylic scratches on the wet side. Does anyone know of such a machine? I have many scratches and something like this would be great.

Does anyone have any better ideas for polishing acrylic other then the hand kits?, all my scratches are on the wet side.

BreadmanMike
10/07/2008, 07:21 PM
I found a hand kit that I just ordered. I'm going to follow this thread to see if there's something better though. :)

Here's a link to the kit.
http://www.reefspecialty.com/p336/Algae-Free-Acrylic-Scratch-Removal-Magnet-Kit/product_info.html

flyyyguy
10/07/2008, 07:35 PM
I was just going to reply saying that Everclear Transparency Refurbishing has the best in tank pads I have used. Then I clicked on that link breadman posted and it appears it is in fact an Everclear kit they are selling. You may want to check Everclears website to see if it is cheaper from them.

havent heard of a "machine" that can do it. Im interested to hear as well if there is.

BreadmanMike
10/07/2008, 07:52 PM
It's the same price on the Everclear site.

rob020880
10/07/2008, 08:34 PM
I remember seeing a machine mentioned is a thread that somehow used heat to remove scratches. It is used by large aquariums I guess. I also remember that it wasn't crazy expensive. If someone had a easy solution to this problem I think they would be very successful.