PDA

View Full Version : Profilux Dosing Station

Shadowramy
10/08/2008, 11:51 AM
Ordered a Profilux dosing pump (3), wondering if anyone made a dosing station for two part? If so, do you have pictures?

Thanks

d4a2n0k
10/08/2008, 12:15 PM
Doesnt get anymore basic than my setup. I just got the controller and doser on Friday. I used 1/4" rigid plastic tubing and drilled a 1/4" hole in the lid of each part of Bionic. I then connected the rigid tubing to 1/4" air line to connect to the doser.

If you are talking about the standalone doser, I thinks its pretty much the same setup.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/gbannister/IMG_1695.jpg

Shadowramy
10/09/2008, 03:48 PM
Yep, thats what I need!!! Thanks

DarG
10/09/2008, 04:35 PM
Oh, it gets more basic :D

I use an old, built like a tank, german made Brinkman laboratory doser. Got from ebay for 25 bucks a while back.
Not digital display ro settings. just a potentiometer for speed control which I replaced with a fixed resistor to dose at the rate I wanted. The unit has 5 or 6 positions and every line is dosed at the same rate. I only use two of the slots for the 2 part.

I guess it really comes down to what you want to spend and how fancy you want to get but for 25 bucks and a little resistor mod, the unit drips a consistent rate and empties both my two part resvoirs at the same rate.

I didnt find any need to spend hundreds of dollars to reliably drip two part. But I understand that the convienence of easily changing settings and being able to dose different solutions at different rates as well as the coolness factor of the expensive units is important to some reefers. So it all depends on how you want to get the job done.