PDA

View Full Version : Help, need RO/DI unit question answered ASAP!

futureeyedoc
10/08/2008, 07:35 PM
So I recently bought a 4 stage Kent RO/DI unit.... real nice one...
It came with the garden hose style adapter for hooking it up to your faucet. Problem is I'm in an apartment right now and we don't have any faucets anywhere with an outside thread/garden hose type of connection. There's no option for doing a professional in-line install under the sink at the moment.

We do have an older style kitchen sink with the inside threads. Its the type where you unscrew the small part with the little "filter" and then the faucet itself has some fine inside threads.
What fitting do I need to hook the RO/DI unit up to that with the inside threads?

Will this do the trick? I can't tell from the picture if the top part has inside threads or I'm just wasting my time! No experience with this much at all....
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/680/product.web

If not does anyone have a link or idea to what I would need?

Need help/answers ASAP , I don't want to buy anymore RO water at the LFS!!!

silverwolf72
10/08/2008, 08:06 PM
I used a T from home depot that comes off the cold water line under the kitchen sink. Just turn off the water valve, unscrew the line that goes to the sink, put T in connect both sink and RO. I also live in an apartment, piece of cake.

futureeyedoc
10/08/2008, 10:26 PM
yeah unfortunately at this apartment they went all hard copper line underneath the sinks so thats not really an option! but thanks though

BeanAnimal
10/08/2008, 10:59 PM
The brita kits usually have a set of adaptor rings in them, as will most old school hardware stores.

reeftime
10/09/2008, 02:00 AM
Ace Hardware has a adapter that screws into (male threads) the faucet, the other side is a standard male hse connection. You would have to connect a hose adapter to go from there to your RO unit, every time you wanted to make RO water.

AZDesertRat
10/09/2008, 09:02 AM
Take the faucet screen to the hardware store and have them match it up.