PDA

View Full Version : How good is TropicMarin salt?

clownfool
10/10/2008, 12:08 PM
At the LFS I work at, We always used Seachem reefsalt for our customers.

We can't get SeaChem reefsalt right now because it is on backorder.

We are going to use the TropicMarin for now.

How good is it?

LunarDDS
10/10/2008, 05:35 PM
It is just as good as the rest if it meets your needs. Check out the salt comparison at the top of the forum. It shows seachem having a much higher calc level than the tropic marine. You guys may need to adjust for that. I use tropic and know others that swear by it. as with anything that costs a premium, those that use it will always say it is the 'best'. i only use it because i get it at cost. i'm cheap like that.

UCBryant
10/10/2008, 06:36 PM
I use Tropic Marin and am very pleased with it. I still supplement 2 part b-ionic daily, which probably makes up for the lower calcium ... but shouldn't everyone be doing this regardless of the salt?

About a year ago when I first set up my tank, I borrowed some Reef Crystals and Instant Ocean, but found the tank didn't respond as well as with Tropic Marin. I have no experience with SeaChem, so can't say anything about that. Also, Tropic Marin dissolves fast - a nice plus.

Billybeau1
10/11/2008, 01:39 AM
I saw no problems with TM or TM Pro. TM Pro has better numbers for a reef. TM is more suited for fish only tanks and should be fine with a little supplementing as others have said. :)