PDA

View Full Version : help, what should I do...

manvey
10/11/2008, 09:20 PM
help pls....

Before I left home this morning, everything looked still ok. But after I came back at 11pm, there are hundreds of tiny creatures on the glass. They are so tiny tiny white thing that I cannot even see how they look like. Only because they are moving I can say they are something live.

Please let me know what I should do, they are so annoying while I look at my tank.

BTW, I have my tank setup for about 3 weeks so far, and I haven't got any fish yet.

Thanks a lot!

RyanMcLaughlin
10/11/2008, 09:28 PM
They are pods. They are good for your tank. Fish will eat them. If you dont like them you can scrape them off the glass.

manvey
10/11/2008, 09:34 PM
thanks a lot, feel better now...
Can I ask one more question, does every kind of fish like to eat them? I plan to have clownfish, damsel first, will they?

RyanMcLaughlin
10/11/2008, 09:39 PM
It varies from fish. The more you feed them the less they will eat them but they will eat them during the day while they graze. Some fish like the mandarins and dragonets are completely dependent on them.

manvey
10/11/2008, 09:57 PM
thank you RyanMcLaughlin...

RyanMcLaughlin
10/11/2008, 10:11 PM
no prob. I know how confusing starting up can be.

otrlynn
10/12/2008, 05:50 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13529706#post13529706 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RyanMcLaughlin
It varies from fish. The more you feed them the less they will eat them but they will eat them during the day while they graze. Some fish like the mandarins and dragonets are completely dependent on them.

Just a word of caution though. Don't run out and buy a mandarin as one of your first fish, thinking you have a lot of pods. Mandarins eat tons of pods on a daily basis, and will most likely starve when your supply is consumed. My understanding is that they need a large well-established tank (preferably with a refugium) and a steady supply of pods.