PDA

View Full Version : Carbon

Simon68
10/12/2008, 07:01 AM
Before you put in it in the reactor, do you rinse it and if so how do you rinse it? Just run it under tap water? RO/DI water?

Thanks!

Michael
10/12/2008, 07:11 AM
rinse it in some ro-di, that will be just fine

rogergolf66
10/12/2008, 07:38 AM
I put mine in the reactor not rinsed then I take a 5 gallon bucket and I use the hose that feeds back to the sump (the out from the reactor) then I put that hose into the 5 gallon bucket, and turn the valve/ pump back on so that the salt water from the tank is running through the reactor and into the 5 gallon bucket till the water is comming out clear again. then I put the outlet hose back to the sump and dump the rinsed water.

done :) works great and I don't bet the carbon all over my sink. my wife hates that.

OneReef
10/12/2008, 08:57 AM
When I change my carbon in my reactor, I do it when I do a water change. I drain my old water out of my sump into a 5 gallon bucket for the water change, then I run the intake and output line of the reactor with new unrinsed carbon into the bucket of old water, and let it run for a few minutes in the bucket to rinse the black out. Then when it is good and rinsed, I put the reactor back on the sump with the new media.