PDA

View Full Version : power outage and then problems

frezel
10/12/2008, 08:10 AM
last night i awoke at 2:45 am to a blinking alarm clock and all my tank lights on. My code on the aCjr is as follows for the lights
if time >0800 then MH1 on
if time > 2200 then MH1 off
theres a temp clause that shuts them off over 85 degress
and a max change clause 45 min

I was confused why the lights were still on and had to manually turn them to off

when i woke up i turned all the lights back to Auto and one of my MH lights turned on, and it was clearly not suppose to be off

I added a clause that said if Time > 0000 then MH1 off, is this the right clause to use to protect me from the lights coming on in the middle of the night in the case of a power outage, FYI my blinking clock showed the correct time so i am assuming that it shut off exactly at midnight for a split second. Local electrical company must have been doing something.

Please let me know what to do. thanks an why the system would do this if the code says to be on during certain times.

kenargo
10/12/2008, 11:45 AM
I added a clause that said if Time > 0000 then MH1 off, is this the right clause to use to protect me from the lights coming on in the middle of the night in the case of a power outage

If you have the 2 time statements indicated above then the additional 'If Time > 00:00" will have no affect. Time statements are not 24 hour bound; they roll over so having the command that turns off the lights at 22:00 will roll over until the next time command (08:00) and the light should be off until then.

What may be more likley is that the power fail was short enough to cause the AC to 'freak-out' and not properly re-initialize. Unplug the AC and give it a few seconds, then plug it back in and see if that fixes your problems. Also check the clock in the AC to be sure it didn't get reset.