PDA

View Full Version : Scopa Tang

LuisC
10/12/2008, 11:29 AM
I have a scopa tang that looks like its sick. What should I feed it? I have been feeding it nori for the last 2 days. Any suggestions.

I've had the tang for 2 weeks now.

areze
10/12/2008, 11:38 AM
not the best forum for it, but what does it have that makes you think its sick?

if he's eating your not doing that bad.

garlic soaked food can help if its ick. generally making sure water parameters are perfect and no one in the tank is messing with him.

LuisC
10/12/2008, 11:48 AM
Oh im sorry. This is Luis's girlfriend..........Well, I think he's sick because i just feed them and he would not come out of this cave and he's also laying on his side.

Thanks for the quick response.

areze
10/12/2008, 02:13 PM
so he does not eat? try it with garlic, but laying on his side sounds pretty bad for him. garlic tends to encourage them to eat, and helps their immune system. if that does not make him get up and swim to eat, there may not be much that can be done. you could try more extreme measures if you have a QT tank, but thats about it.

BeanAnimal
10/12/2008, 04:15 PM
Without knowing all of the water parameters and the history of the fish and other livestock, it is hard to tell what is wrong with it. One of the moderators should shortly move this thread to a forum where it will get more traffic.

Garlic is not a bad idea.

GlassReef
10/12/2008, 04:25 PM
If you haven't already, try posting in the Tampa Bay Reef Club forum. If it really looks serious, maybe someone will live close enough to come out and help.

a1amap
10/12/2008, 04:29 PM
Tangs like to hide by laying on there side up against a rock or on the sand below a rock. If he is laying on his side in the open then he is pretty bad already. There are more healthy foods then nori for a tang.