PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish bullies

NWFarmer
10/12/2008, 05:54 PM
I just bought a nice little pair of snowflake clowns and was wondering why they bigger of the 2 wont let the smaller into the anemone? They are both just babies at 1 1/2 inches. Poor little outcast looks like an orphan all by itself!

clowns101
10/12/2008, 07:04 PM
the larger one (the female)is astablishing she is going to be the so called boss. she now has claimed the anemone. now you said they are both the same size now to of the same size will fight. they will stop when they astablish male and female. and until one is bigger than the other. this is common but watch to see if she hurts him.

NWFarmer
10/12/2008, 07:13 PM
No, one is bigger than the other. The smaller is just a hair over an inch and the other is about a 1/2 inch bigger. The bigger is the more dominanat and has taken the anemone.

clowns101
10/12/2008, 07:16 PM
mine did this to no need to worry for now. i worried and it didnt help the problem. i worried for nothing cause now they both share the anemone and are a pair now.

NWFarmer
10/12/2008, 09:04 PM
Cool. because I was hoping the one was not trying to pick fights with the other or try to kill it perhaps.