PDA

View Full Version : Anthias choice

danfrith
10/12/2008, 08:06 PM
I have a 65 gal. tank and I am looking at getting trio of anthias. Im thinking about either: Pseudanthias smithvanizi or Pseudanthias paravirostris. Both seem to be smaller species but other than that I dont know to much about them. Can you share your experience's with these species and help me choose one. Also, its an SPS dominated tank if that makes a difference. The only other fish are a pair of scooter blennies and an Elongant psuedochromis.Thanks.

BangkokMatt
10/12/2008, 08:28 PM
I have kept parvis and found them very shy. They would rarely come into the open water (only at feeding time) and so were rarely seen. Due to my personal experience with these fish I wouldn't keep them again.

danfrith
10/12/2008, 08:46 PM
Do you think they would do that with no other fish in the tank though? From what ive seen they do seem to hide behind rocks a lot, like you said Matt.

CarlC
10/13/2008, 03:14 PM
I've never kept smith's but the parvi's are incredibly secretive. I have a group of 10 or 11 (I never see them all at the same time to count) and usually I only see some of them at feeding time. The male and a couple of the females are out a bit more but the majority stay in the back of the tank out of sight. Females also don't acclimate as well as males. Next to Lori's they have been the toughest I have kept.

Carl

danfrith
10/13/2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks Carl. Im startin to lean more towards the smith's. Anyone else?