PDA

View Full Version : filters,sponges, socks..

pelochas
10/13/2008, 07:44 AM
im really annoyed with having not so clear water..particles are always present...live rock always having detrius so last night i was cleaning the tank..too much detrius..way too much and all my fault for not cleaning this out weekly..

this mornining, my sock was too clogged and did flood a lil and for some reason the skimmer flooded and for some dumb reason i had a lamp too close and it somehow got some water in th elamp socket and pop the breaker..no damage or anything..remove the lamp and clean the mess and returned the power

well i about had it with my filter sock. its good but my sump has a compartment that is just not large enough for the pipes and the sock..its just too small and too much trouble to install and remove. i sometime just want to rip that compartment apart. so im going to walmart or whereever to buy lots of filters temporary to get all the crap, detrius, out. i have a larger compartment in the sump where the return pump is and i want to fill that up...what do you recommend buying? just about anything synthetic should not harm the tank right? filter floss, felt, etc...

i

Bud Reeferman
10/13/2008, 10:01 PM
Model 317
http://www.aquahobby.com/products/e_Ocean_Clear.php

silverwolf72
10/13/2008, 10:56 PM
I make my own filter socks out of polyester matting from the fabric store

kdblove_99
10/14/2008, 12:45 PM
i also make my own made about 18 of them for about $10. got stuff at Joanns

pelochas
10/14/2008, 01:07 PM
i went to walmart last night and bought some polyester matting. im concern about the label because it has "resist to mildew and yellowing" does it contain some sort of chemical that will hurt the tank

also about that canister filter...i have a fluval 404..in the garage..maybe i should fill this up with some poly and carbon for a day or so

pelochas
10/15/2008, 03:35 PM
any help on the "resist to mildew and yellowing" label on the polyester?