PDA

View Full Version : dc8

Holyreefer
10/13/2008, 10:12 AM
Every time I plug in my DC8 from Neptune Systems, it trips my circuit breaker without anything else being plugged into it. Can anyone suggest any solutions or similar situations?

The circuit is 20 AMPS and the only thing I had plugged in was the 1/3 Horsepower Chiller.

kenargo
10/13/2008, 11:06 AM
Did the DC8 ever work correctly or is this a new DC8? Is it possible that the DC8 got wet? That is the most common cause of what you are describing.

Holyreefer
10/13/2008, 03:03 PM
The Dc8 was purchased 07-16-08, so i would consider it to be new. The DC8 has never been by water i had it hanging 9screwed in the ceiling about 5 feet away from my tank

Everytime i plug in the DC8 it trips out my circuit breaker. I unplugged my chiller (JBJ 1/3) and there is nothing in the DC8 and it still tripps the circuit out.

The first time i noticed the DC8 wasn't working my wavy sea which was hooked up to the same circuit (4 outlets) wasn't turning at all. So then i unplugged the DC8 and saw it had black like shadows over the plug in where the chiller was and then i started to troubleshoot

kenargo
10/13/2008, 03:32 PM
In that case a call to Neptune might be in order; they can help diagnose any issues.