PDA

View Full Version : expandingI

aquatics369
10/13/2008, 09:13 PM
I bought 2 normal shrooms a few weeks ago. I placed them in low flow in the shade in my 10 gallon with 55 watts of compact flourecent. They are staying about the size of a quarter...but the person that sold them to me assured me that they would expand to 2 inches. They were larger than they are now when I first got them. One of the shrooms has started walking out of the shade into the light. What can/should I do...I think they are getting enough light.

leezer
10/13/2008, 10:41 PM
I'd slowly raise them higher in the tank if the one is trying to get to more light. Or better yet, just move them into the light but at the same height they are currently at, then, over time (a few days or a week) move them higher up in the tank. My mushrooms all seem to respond differently to light. I have 1 red on that just can't get enough and then another that is perfectly ok tucked away in the corner.

Siscim23
10/14/2008, 06:56 AM
Yeah I would move them into direct lighting, but keep them at the same level they're at, or lower (if not currently in the sand bed), and keep them in a low flow area. I have mine at about the middle of the tank and they open bigger than they were at the LFS.