PDA

View Full Version : flame angels? ich? behavior? pictures!

mindytoy
10/14/2008, 04:52 PM
getting one saturday. has anyone gotten ich with one? im saying this cuz i wont be QTing it...

what do you guys feed yours?

please post some pictures of yours and give me some advise on the fish please.

he will be going in with a yellow tang. there is already 2 ocelaris clowns and a yellow watchman.

and i wont QT him because it isnt an option now, plus my LFS has had them for 5 weeks, eats alot and healthy. and he is only 5 minutes away so not as much stress etc...

Andrew
10/14/2008, 05:02 PM
You run a chance introducing ich into your tank with all fish. Many people take that chance and don't have problems but it's up to you. Try some frozen foods to start off. Many lfs will sell premium frozen foods that are widely accepted by pretty much all fish and contain many good proteins and vitamins.

EllieSuz
10/14/2008, 05:05 PM
Ocean Nutrition makes a frozen food called Pygmy Angel Formula. My Flame loves it, but she eats everything I throw in there.

mindytoy
10/14/2008, 05:40 PM
any pics of your angel?

TANK0789
10/14/2008, 06:01 PM
one other thing you can do is get a bottle of the garlic gaurd. and add it to your good. its helps prevent ich on the fish and it makes them eat. my kole didnt eat till i added that and he has ich now and he started eating even with ich. so that garlic really does work.

mindytoy
10/14/2008, 07:00 PM
your tang has ich? which one?