PDA

View Full Version : Got some Zoos, now what?!?!

HaleMoana
10/14/2008, 07:41 PM
Got my first corals... zoos. My tank has been running for close to three months now. Finished my cycle way back on Sept 1. I have had a Scopas Tang in there for 2 weeks. The tank has been stable and I am ready to start stocking.

So, I added a small frag of zoos today. I have them on my frag rack and I will slowly acclimate them to my lighting. Here is my question... What do I do differently now? Anything? I do 20% water changes weekly. I have B Ionic, but I haven't started dosing yet. do I need to? I don't believe they need to be target fed, but any and all help is appreciated! thanks

Don-Coraleone
10/14/2008, 07:48 PM
you dont have to do anything. they will do better if you pu them somewhere andleave them alone.

plateboy3293
10/14/2008, 07:49 PM
You can target feed if you want but they should be able to catch their own food. Watch for fish or inverts picking at them and watch out for zoa eating flatworms and other parasites.

SaltyDr
10/14/2008, 07:50 PM
They only require light. Nothing special to do. You could target feed, but most do not. You shouldn't need much Ca or Alk supplimentation for zoanthids. You will need a little for coralline, although with frequent water changes unlikely (although this depends on which salt you use)

HaleMoana
10/14/2008, 07:50 PM
^I did a Pro Coral Cure dip, so I am hoping I got all those undesirables off the frag.

HaleMoana
10/14/2008, 07:52 PM
I am using Reef Crystals

SaltyDr
10/14/2008, 07:57 PM
Water changes should suffice. Once you get some more demanding corals like LPS or SPS Ca and alk supplimentation will be necessary.