PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with AZNO3?

seapug
10/16/2008, 12:12 PM
Anybody used this product/technique for Nitrate reduction? If so, please share your experiences both positive and negative. Before and after photos welcome. Thanks.

gkyle
10/16/2008, 12:17 PM
It worked for me, but no better than dosing sugar or vodka...

seapug
10/16/2008, 12:24 PM
I'm currently dosing vodka but seeing no reduction 4 weeks in. I feel like I'm going to have to send my fish to rehab by the time I'm done. Seems like AZNO3 works through a different process that may work better for me. One thing that seems to be missing from what I've read is the typical time frame for dosing & reduction. Anybody have insight?

jtma508
10/16/2008, 01:24 PM
I just finished a whole bottle of AZNO3 following the directions precisely for my 90gal. It didn't seem to do diddly for me. There was a minor lowering but I see that without the product.

seapug
10/16/2008, 01:25 PM
hmmm....just ordered a bottle for my 90 gallon as well. Perhaps I should have ordered 2....

gkyle
10/16/2008, 01:27 PM
I started to notice a reduction with AZNO3 in 2-3 weeks, but only about two weeks with sugar. Could just be that AZNO3 has you start so slowly and I was a bit less cautious with the sugar. I read a thread that basically indicated that among other things, sugar was a primary ingredient with AZNO3. Probably worth a try IMO, that or increase the dosage of vodka. Good luck

seapug
10/16/2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks....all the info I've read about AZNO3 says it's not sugar based, but that could just be adspeak. I've been increasing my vodka dosage each week by .5ml for the past three weeks but still nothing yet. I've still got more than half the bottle of Smirnoff to go, but I might start drinking it myself.