PDA

View Full Version : aquarium adventure the local fish store.

brad7373
10/16/2008, 11:08 PM
i work at a fisht store thats part of a chain called aquarium adventure. my store ( one out of 4 i believe the other 3 are in ohio and illinois if in not mistakened ) ids located in long island new york, who has gone to this one or others im curious how many people know about these huge aquarium stores

returnofsid
10/17/2008, 05:21 AM
Just a word of advice....Not really sure this is an appropriate thread for this forum. Could be seen as advertising, which is against RCs rules.

brad7373
10/17/2008, 05:30 AM
nooooo not advertising just curiosity its like asking someone if they heard of a certain type of fish im just wondering who knoes where i jsut started working

billdogg
10/17/2008, 06:05 AM
IMO??? overpriced, bad info from staff, will sell anybody anything - crappy store - won't go there Columbus, Ohio location

michellejy
10/17/2008, 09:35 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13563463#post13563463 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by billdogg
IMO??? overpriced, bad info from staff, will sell anybody anything - crappy store - won't go there Columbus, Ohio location

That pretty much sums it up for me. Even with a discount, many of their supplies are 2-3x the cost of what they are online or at other stores.

I set up a freshwater tank for my daughter recently and received horrible advice about stocking the tank from several different employees there. (Although, I was definitely to blame for not researching it more on my own.) As a result, I didn't space out adding the fish enough, and she ended up crying when 3 of her fish died within a month of being added. :(

Plus most of their saltwater fish tend to show some sign of ich or something similar.

I'd go there for fw fish, but ONLY if I thoroughly researched what I was buying in advance.