PDA

View Full Version : Experience with ReeFlo pumps

td1415
10/17/2008, 02:01 PM
I currently have a Mag-Drive 24 as my return pump but it is terribly noisy and I'm looking to get a new pump. It was recommended to me that I upgrade to a ReeFlo Snapper or Dart. I'm interested in hearing from the people who have either of these (or a different ReeFlo...). How quiet is it? How long have you had it? Have you had any problems with it?

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

BeanAnimal
10/17/2008, 02:23 PM
They are great pumps and somewhat quiet. If you want dead silent, than the velocity T4 pumps are worth a look. I run both a T4 and a Snapper on my system.

jhildebrand
10/17/2008, 02:27 PM
Great pumps and reasonably quiet. You can email them a diagram of your system and they will tell you the flow and make a suggestion for you. Got my 'cuda from bulkreefsupply. Great vendor and prices for these pumps.

seanb
10/17/2008, 02:30 PM
I have a reeflo dart that has been running 24/7 for over 2 years. Great pump, fairly quiet, just not as quiet as I would like considering it is right next to my TV.

JRaquatics
10/17/2008, 02:38 PM
Since they replaced the AO smith motor with the Baldor they are near silent, cooler running and run a lot smoother. Reeflo pumps are definetly something to look into getting for your system. I got my Dart with the Baldor motor from Reefspecialty.com back in May and find they are far superior to the not so quiet old darts with the AO Smith motor.

RockyMtnReef
10/17/2008, 03:07 PM
Darts are not designed to push a lot of head pressure. Keep that in mind if you have a bunch of 90 degree turns in your return pipe or have the pump well below the tank.

Great pumps though. I use one for my closed loop.

das75
10/17/2008, 03:08 PM
First Dart had the Hubbell motor that was fairly quiet and went through a couple of AO Smith motors until found one comparable.

Dart is under the tank and during the day wouldn't even know it was on but sitting next to the tank, TV off everyone in bed and I'm just reading a book there's a hum.

Have a Barracuda for the basement return. No way would I be able to handle in the same room as the tank.