PDA

View Full Version : Clown acting weird

MargieInAZ
10/17/2008, 05:28 PM
I've had a pair of o. clown fish for a few months now. They were the first fish I put in there and have always been active inhabitants, swimming all around the aquarium.

Well, today the female has been staying inside a small cave all day long. It's at the bottom of the aquarium, with a sandy bed. I'm hoping she's spawning or something, but I can't see any eggs in there, although it's difficult to see in.
The male is hanging around, but not inside the cave.
Otherwise they both look healthy.

I don't have any aggressive fish in the tank, just a couple of cardinals, a firefish, a melanarus wrasse, royal gramma, and an Atlantic Blue Tang in a 75 gallon + 20 sump reef tank. I don't have any anemones.

My water parameters look good and everything else, including corals & shrimp all look great.

Any ideas? Could she be spawning? I'm just hoping she's not sick.
Thanks,
Margie

RyanMcLaughlin
10/17/2008, 05:41 PM
Mine did the exact same thing like a week ago. She would just lay in her coral all day. Everyone said she was probably spawning which got me really excited. Unfortunately she never did. It looked like she started to swell but i guess not. After a few days she went back to normal. I think it may be part of the mating/pairing process. After that she became much nicer to the male. Im sure your clown is fine.