PDA

View Full Version : Slow Grower?

kev-kev
10/18/2008, 12:27 PM
I have a frag of Grafted Simplex that sure isn't growing,
It's under 250w Halides, the only signs are an encrusting plug.
I can't wait for my new set-up 210gal. where I can put it up nice and high. Anyone experience this slow grower?

flyyyguy
10/18/2008, 01:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13571774#post13571774 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kev-kev
. Anyone experience this slow grower?

nope.........but if you wanted me to experience it for myself, you can have the pick of ANY three corals in my tank for yours :D

but since I dont imagine you will bite on that offer..........if its encrusting the plug it counds like its trying. some corals just spend all of their energy encrusting before the grow up. My PL was the worst at this ime.. I started with a 1/2" nub and after 6 or 7 months I STILL had only a half inch nub, and a bunch of encrustment. It was the slowest ever. Once it laid down that good base it is now growing as well as anything else.

I should have glued it down on its side and i think it would have helped speed it along.

Yinger
10/18/2008, 03:31 PM
kev, I got mine I think about 7 months ago at the bay area cfm. A friend of mine picked it up for me. So far, it hasn't done a damn thing lol. I had it a little higher and it ended up bleaching out on me so I moved it back down to the lower quarter of the tank. The colors improved on it, but hasn't grown whatsoever.