PDA

View Full Version : What would you ADD??

daleKW
10/19/2008, 10:06 AM
Hi all.. I need your help..

I have a 75g display (120 gallon total water volume)...The tank has been running for 3 years now and is full of pods.. I want to add one maybe 2 more fish.

CurrentlyI have a bicolor psuedochromis, yellow watchman goby, foxface lo, and unicorn tang..

I am looking for something very colorful and will not hide all the time. Our Tang and Foxface are the ussually out for viewing but the other 2 are always hiding.

What do you suggest and what are your experiences with it? Pics if you have them would be great..

This will be the last fish we add and we would just like to find the perfect fit for our set-up and wants...

What are your favorites???

SteveJakubiec
10/19/2008, 10:09 AM
Kole Tang, they're very nice and would eat mostly the same food as your other fishes. Also, be on the alert for the Tang police.

ccampbell57
10/19/2008, 10:34 AM
I guess I will be the first one to ask if you really have a Unicorn tang in the 75? These fish grow to over 25" and they are super fast growers. 180g tanks are barely enough for them.

Do you have plans to upgrade very soon?

daleKW
10/19/2008, 10:35 AM
Kole tang would be nice but I think we already have enough Tangs with one... We wouldn't have it if the LFS we use to frequent knew what the hell he was talking about.. Got a great deal on the Unicorn though... 19.99.. He has been with us for about a year now. :)

I have my eye on a 6 foot long tank but probably will not buy one till next summer. I have a remodel planned and an inwall is a part of it.

I would like something that us bright blue or green to add some nice color to the tank.

daleKW
10/19/2008, 10:39 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13576547#post13576547 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ccampbell57
I guess I will be the first one to ask if you really have a Unicorn tang in the 75? These fish grow to over 25" and they are super fast growers. 180g tanks are barely enough for them.

Do you have plans to upgrade very soon?

When it was sold to my wife she was told it was a brown tang.. After a little research I found it to be a Uni... He started aout about 1.5" in size. After a year he is about 3.5" in size... I do have an upgrade planned in the comming summer like I said in the above post... But I am not even sure a 6ft x 24 wide x 24 tall will be enough.. Our local reef club has a couple with 2 600gal tanks.. They will be taking the fish once it gets bigger...

It is a very interesting fish though.. The changes iin coloration it goes through are amazing..

daleKW
10/19/2008, 10:43 AM
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse is an amazing fish... Do any of you have experience with them...

I also like the flame hawkfish.. but not sure about putting them in a tank full of softies and lps..

sunfish11
10/19/2008, 05:07 PM
The hawkfish would be fine but might eat some hermits and possibly ornamental shrimp if they are small enough. Fairy wrasse would also be ok. Why would you worry about softies and LPS? Neither of these fish are coralivores.

Lisa

daleKW
10/19/2008, 08:55 PM
I thought hawkfish were nippers.. good to know they aren't.. I do not have any shrimp at the moment. The psuedo pretty much took care of the last pepperment I had. He pestered it to death.. Everytime I tried to catch it I found the psuedo was in the trap and not the shrimp..lol

My hermits already are at war with my snails.. Seems only fair to have someone pick back at them.. :)

I am going to look into the Flame Hawk.. Pretty fish IMO..

JamesJR
10/19/2008, 10:37 PM
I have had bad like with bicolor pseudochromis and fairy wrasses. Bicolor pseudochromis can be pretty aggressive towards other small fish.

tcmfish
10/20/2008, 12:58 PM
You mean you had that pseudo in a trap and didn't get rid of it!?!? Man, those things are just too mean in a small tank.

But as far as blue or green goes, one of my fav's is Cirrhilabrus solorensis. It is cheaper than the lineatus and a very bright fish.

If you could trap that pseudo again, I'd do it tho. Maybe get the flame hawk as a replacement.