PDA

View Full Version : anemone question

Maxi
10/19/2008, 06:50 PM
Hello

I am going to want a nice RBTA in the future when my tank is mature enough. I am going to have all types of corals in my tank. Also 2 true perculas. My question is, if I isolate it on one side of the tank will it not bother my corals? I have 2 small pillars, that reach the about 1/2 to the top of the tank.

I know anemones like to move, but will that help?

26g bowfront.

IslandCrow
10/19/2008, 07:00 PM
Good luck isolating it anywhere. If the conditions are right where you put it, it won't wander too far. Every anemone seems to be a little different, though. In some ways they have as much personality as your fish. I think your plan is a pretty good one. Far from foolproof, but in a good environment, an anemone isn't going to wander any farther than it needs to. Of course, in a 26g, from one side of the tank to the other isn't very far.

Bill Boy
10/19/2008, 07:06 PM
My rbta moved all the way across the tank when i got him for no reason. I placed him in the tank still attached to the rock he was on and that still didnt help. I think it will be easier to move a coral once the rbta gets settled.

jpitts101
10/19/2008, 07:09 PM
I thought I lost my rose a few months ago but while doing some maintance found it in my sump. I still have no idea how it ended up there. Good luck!

Flipper62
10/19/2008, 07:11 PM
+ 1 with IslandCrow.........Good luck. I had a anemone in a small tank...As long as he was happy, everything was ok. BUT the moment that he didn't like the conditions ( I didn't change anything ) He would move. If he moved over any corals....he killed them.

Also remember the size that he can get. My anemone was the size of a golf ball when shriveled up....but got to around 12 inches wide when fully open. his tenticals can streach & sting ( kill ) anything in its way