PDA

View Full Version : Sudden changes no reason known!

plack
10/20/2008, 08:48 PM
Well without anything changed except a lightning storm!

( But everything I have is into grond fault circuits and I checked they are working)

Suddenly in the last few hours, without any reason ,my temp probe/ph /orp all give crazy reading! (neptune aquacontroller 2)

Way different and the probes are clean and kept in the water always.

Ph reads low(3.6) and orp high(505) and does not change if I unplug them!

Temp read like it was disconnected and I tried cleaning the plug in area and the metal connection end of the temp probe. It onlt went up to 61.6 and stays there it's like 78 in the tank( I put a seperate heater in there for now !

If these happened separately I would guess bad probes---But Not All 3 at once within a few hours!!

The self test says it passed !!

Any Sugestions or ideas?

:-)

Paul

kenargo
10/20/2008, 09:42 PM
A few things to try:

* unplug the AC, wait 15 seconds and plug it back in
* Save off your program, re-initialize and restore program

It is possible that a short brown out, maybe too short to reset clocks cause the AC to 'freak-out'; it is often fixed by the 1st step, sometimes takes the second.

edit; ground faults don't help in this case as much as a good surge protector or even better a UPS.

plack
10/21/2008, 03:44 PM
I did unplug it then tryed unplugging the battery and waiting 1 minute.

Had to reprogram everything!

The temperature probe read correctly immeadiatly.

The ph and orp still don't respond--- does this mean it's shot?

If I sent it to the mfg. I wonder if they would repair it and what the cost would be being out of warranty time wise?

jnb
10/23/2008, 11:34 AM
did this get fixed - if you don't know - next time you program and set up your appliances addresses - the whole shebang - you can select the entries in both windows and copy/paste into excel or word and save them and then if you lose your programming you can copy/paste back in

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13591972#post13591972 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by plack
I did unplug it then tryed unplugging the battery and waiting 1 minute.

Had to reprogram everything!

The temperature probe read correctly immeadiatly.

The ph and orp still don't respond--- does this mean it's shot?

If I sent it to the mfg. I wonder if they would repair it and what the cost would be being out of warranty time wise?