PDA

View Full Version : Best Position for koralias ??

amithi
10/21/2008, 03:38 PM
i have a 29 gallon reef and im just wondering how would it be the best position for my koralias i have 2 koralias #2 but im not sure where is the best place for them if on the back the sides please help thank you all..

Jsin
10/21/2008, 04:32 PM
I have two K-3 on eon each end of the tank. I have mine blowing behind the live rock, this way there are no dead spots.This also pushesany crap out of the back so it can be removed. I also have a closed loop system which circulates the rest of the water. This is just my 2 cents and how I have mine.

Rae C.
10/21/2008, 04:42 PM
I've got a 65g and 2 Koralia 3's. One on each end, the right side's is toward the back, pointed to about 2/3's across the top. the left side's is toward the front, pointed straight across.

tapiana
10/21/2008, 04:52 PM
If you have a BioCube or other similar - the regular return is on the left hand side of the tank(as you look at the tank). I placed my #1 on the glass of the right side just below the upper intake grid. I angled the two so that the og return is flowing from the top to the right, and the koralia is flowing to the left and down - it creates quite the flow. I have not found a need for another PH - so you may want to either return the second one or keep it to trade for frags.

reefworm
10/21/2008, 07:56 PM
good advice, but every tank is unique. the main thing is to eliminate dead spots of little to no flow as much as possible. experiment with placement until you achieve it. rock arrangement is a big factor affecting flow pattern and every one is different, so you may move them a few times to get it right. I would start with the arrangement tapiana recommends as a starting point and go from there.

Kdocimo90
10/21/2008, 07:58 PM
i heard that keeping the power heads high and aiming them parallel with the water surface will displace water flow throughout the entire tank, whereas you are not directing the powerhead towards any rocks.

hope this helps

amithi
10/21/2008, 08:11 PM
thank you so much guys for the help..
i love this place

Kdocimo90
10/21/2008, 08:18 PM
lol we ALL love this place

reefworm
10/21/2008, 08:26 PM
:D I'll join the group hug. Wish I'd known about RC when I was first starting out! It's been fun, instructive, and saved me untold woe and $$