PDA

View Full Version : This made me laugh,

Vapour1ze
10/22/2008, 12:34 AM
Went into one of the LFS near me today, in Yorkville, IL .. and they're salt livestock is terrible, the only thing I use them for really, is test kits if I run out, or just the basic things like scrapers etc, however I noticed today because I haven't been in there in a while, one of the yellow tangs, well I guess the ONLY yellow tang, had no eye, I felt so bad for it, and it was barely even yellow, it looked so sick, I just wanted to do something but couldnt really, and then I saw this,

The newest tank in their store, a 14g biocube, they had 1 mushroom, waving hands, and some kind of star polyp, and some zoos, you want to know what the most expensive piece in the whole tank was, the zoos, wanna know why.... "it has awesome anemones all over it!!!" the guy told me,,,,

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg83/strothman18/lfslol.jpg

correct me if i'm wrong, but that is one hell of an infested mojano tank. :(

Vapour1ze
10/22/2008, 12:35 AM
btw, 95$ for that piece, :) and also, sorry for the quality, was taken on my phone. lol

InsaneClownFish
10/22/2008, 12:58 AM
Lol good one. Did you tell him what they were, or did you play dumb and say, oh really, that's nice? :p

Vapour1ze
10/22/2008, 01:00 AM
:) I played dumb, lol so dumb I asked him for the price and said wow I wish I had that much money on me. :) I really love how awesome stupid LFS that dont know what they're doing and try to start salt and look what happens, what makes it even more funny, is if I ask anything about a fish, they pull out the BOOK. hahaha I love it, just makes me laugh every time im in there shop, main reason I go to be honest. :) lol

InsaneClownFish
10/22/2008, 01:08 AM
Alot of people might tell you that the "right" thing to do would be to attempt to educate them. However, I'm of the mindset that the LFS is going to do what they want anyway and continue their poor practices.

Worse to me are the LFS owners and employees that sell items they know are not appropriate to someone's tank.

The sad thing is some less educated reefer is going to believe the anemone thing and pay their hard earned money for that piece because it is commonly known as a beginner coral.

Gwynhidwy
10/22/2008, 05:59 AM
That is pretty bad. Never argue with "professionals", it usually just makes them mad no matter how wrong they may be.

Vapour1ze
10/22/2008, 11:51 AM
that is true, gwyn, lol thats why i play dumb, its funny.

mille239
10/22/2008, 12:30 PM
Love those bright white acro frags in there as well.... they must be super rare!!!!!!!!!!!

Vapour1ze
10/22/2008, 01:40 PM
lol,,, oh those were 80$ a frag, not kidding, wish I was. =/

bigtex52
10/22/2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah, they look cool but they are pretty slow growers! ;)