PDA

View Full Version : pregnant or fat?

mkirkpatrick
10/23/2008, 09:16 AM
We have two Clarkii clowns...They weren't sold as a pair, we just bought them together and hoped they'd get along since they were in a tank with many clowns. They have been fine since we got them.

I just fed everyone and noticed that one either got a whole lot of food or is rather pregnant.

Is there anything special I should be doing? Or just wait and see what happens?

The funny part is that the "pregnant" one is who we thought was Clark. Lois has kept her slim figure.

NWFarmer
10/23/2008, 07:42 PM
Isnt that always how it goes????? Too funny. I would guess if your not trying to breed, then you dont have to do anything special.

NanoReefWanabe
10/23/2008, 09:17 PM
how long have they been in your tank apart from the heard at the LFS?

have you noticed them doing a mating/ dominance dance?

how often do you feed them?

mkirkpatrick
10/24/2008, 07:11 AM
They've been in the tank probably about a month and a half.

They did the attack/quiver thing in the beginning, Clark became more dominant and they slept in the anemone together.
Then Clark got a cloudy eye and Lois became more dominant. The eye cleared up in about a week but in the mean time they'd started sleeping apart. However, they were constantly together during the day.
Because he seemed so lonely we got another anemone on the other side of the tank.

Now most of the time they sleep separate except every so often they'll get romantic at night. Clark will sleep under the anemone until Lois falls asleep and then Clark goes back to his own anemone. There are still together during the day and no fighting at all.

I feed them once in the morning and once at night.

We didn't really plan on breeding them but if they are going to have babies I'd definitely like to make sure they are taken care of.