PDA

View Full Version : Rocks touching glass?

Raibaru
10/23/2008, 02:11 PM
Do you guys usually just let your rock rest up against glass and to hell with cleaning it? Or do you make sure you have enough room to get a mag float around all of your glass?

In my current tank I kind of just ignore the back wall regardless of what kind of algae grows on it and I don't know if I want to do it again in my new tank or what.

Do you guys usually just ignore the back wall and let your rocks rest on it?

Thanks.

CIGDAZE
10/23/2008, 02:24 PM
Personal preference here, but I made darned sure that I can get around the whole tank with the scraper; makes life a bit easier.

Raibaru
10/23/2008, 02:35 PM
Yea, going through a lot of grief trying to make room for things and am about to give up. In my current tank I only have it touching in a few places, but only on the rear wall which I can't really get to anyway.

My new tank I'll have it on the side of the tank too which I'm kind of worried about to be honest.

Zegg
10/23/2008, 02:55 PM
I make sure I can either get a mag float nomrally even more than that, I do it so there is more flow behind the rocks and so I dont get a builup of excess nutrients behind the rocks. Not to make it easier to keep the glass clean

Rae C.
10/23/2008, 04:01 PM
I have rocks against my back wall, to heck with anything that grows there. It's a little algae and lots of coraline and pulsing xenias.

MileHighFish
10/23/2008, 04:04 PM
i center stack so the back wall is wide open for flow.. but leave room around the front for the magnet

ser_renely
10/23/2008, 04:14 PM
I use to try but with a narrow tank its too much of a pain. I now stacked an area up

spw4949
10/23/2008, 04:30 PM
I never clean the back glass in my tank & I have a lot of rock leaning up against it. The side isa different story though, I would recommend not having any leaning up against the sides. It will be a HUGH PIA come cleaning time.

crvz
10/23/2008, 07:04 PM
I don't like having rocks on the sides for the reasons above, makes it too challenging to clean. I do often have them on the back wall, though.