PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to my carpet anemone?

DUTCH10
10/24/2008, 05:18 PM
I had been treating my tank for Ich and istead of Isolating a couple of the fish I took out my carpet anemone and put it in a smaller tank. I treated the bigger tank for about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks I made sure that the copper level was 0 and all the other levels were correct. When I put the anemone back into the big tank on Tuesday it had changed from green to brown and was moving all over the place. Today it died...What happened?

My LTA anemone is doing great.

mrferrit
10/24/2008, 05:52 PM
copper will stay in your system for a very long time if not forever it will soak into your rocks and i have heard even into the silicone and from things i have heard most people will not even buy a tank that has had copper in it for fear of traces of copper leaching and killing all inverts
really sucks you had to find out the hard way
but if you have rocks and stuff still in the tank with copper i would not use them for any other inverts or corals in your current system or any other system meaning to be a reef or anything but Fish only

a4twenty
10/24/2008, 06:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13614226#post13614226 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mrferrit
copper will stay in your system for a very long time if not forever

+1, never treat your DT with Cu or any other med for that matter, thats what HT's are for.

tufacody
10/24/2008, 10:47 PM
oh man, your entire tank and rock are now potential invertebrate deathtraps. So sorry you learned this the hard way. Has your silicone been tinged blue?

DUTCH10
10/25/2008, 11:30 AM
Well that sucks I was told before I even treated the tank that it is better to do it the way I did it than just treating one fish. My LTA anemone is doing well.

I have an acrylic tank no silicone.

I appreciate all replies what should I do know?