PDA

View Full Version : ATB Small Cone Skimmer Problem

thysrof
10/24/2008, 06:59 PM
I have ATB Small Cone skimmer ( Nano) It has the Eheim 1262 pump with the mesh wheel. I'm getting some larger bubbles in the reaction with the fine micro bubbles. It's not producing any skimmate. I took it our and apart and don't see any problem.

I've cleaned the air intake on the pump on a regular basis.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Thysrof

Jim_S
10/24/2008, 07:01 PM
I'd call Victor :)

Sounds kinda strange though. The nano was an older model and I don't think they released them with a 1262. Maybe a 1250?

thysrof
10/24/2008, 11:24 PM
Good Call it's the 1250. I'll call Victor. It was working great. I have a feeling it's a minor adjustment.

Thanks

GSMguy
10/25/2008, 07:52 AM
the mesh might have come loose I would run The pinwheel if you have it, the nano body doesn't need the extra air, if not try tightening the center ring that holds he mesh on, sounds like it might have come loose.

thysrof
10/25/2008, 09:48 AM
Ah the mesh wheel might have come loose. Makes sense. I'll try to make sure it's secured. Unfortunately the guy I bought it from didn't send the pin wheeel and has been blowing me off about sending it. I might just have to buy a new one.

Thanks

uhuru
10/25/2008, 12:18 PM
Talk to Victor about how to secure it properly, sometimes you think you have it secured but it's really not. Also I agree the pinwheel would probably work best, I tried the nano with mesh for a while and it was a bit too much.