PDA

View Full Version : normal fish behavior?

SaltSolutions1
10/25/2008, 06:38 PM
I just recently added a royal gramma to my inhabitants. Yesterday when i added him, he was swimming everywhere and everyone seemed to be getting along.

all day today he has been hiding in a corner from what seemd like my six line wrasse.

i also have a dragon goby, lawnmower blenny and 2 false percs.

thanks

WaterKeeper
10/25/2008, 06:42 PM
Just a reaction to the changing conditions. Yesterday he was suddenly cast into a new environment and today he is just resting up. Unless he is being bullied, I'd let him be for a couple of days.

crvz
10/25/2008, 07:52 PM
you're welcome?

You didnt really ask a question, I don't think, but assuming your curious about it's behavior, it could be the wrasse or the clowns, really. Both can be rather aggressive, but it's hard to say without knowing more about the history and age of the fish. I'd give it a couple days before worrying.

Flipper62
10/25/2008, 09:11 PM
When I added my Royal Gramma... He moved all over the tank. Like he was fine. Then he didn't come out for a few days.

He was just finding is home....His safe place to sleep. Now he is fine.....All fish just need to find their COMFORT spot

Raibaru
10/25/2008, 09:37 PM
Royal Grammas spend a lot of time swimming about? Or do they find their place and stay near it just like clowns do and such.

spw4949
10/25/2008, 10:09 PM
Mine is pretty shy,he's been in my tank for about a month & he's out swimming around like 60% of the time when the lights are on. The rest of the time he's hanging under his rock or in a crevice somewhere. He's not out as much as I'd like but I guess as long as he's happy....