PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Pistol Shrimp

bheld
10/29/2008, 07:20 PM
I'm in the process of setting up a 90 gallon reef tank. My livestock plan includes an Auriga Butterfly, 2 Ocellaris Clowns, a Melanurus wrasse, and a Yellow Watchman Goby. I would like to pair the watchman with a tiger pistol shrimp but would first like to make sure that he wont attack any peppermint shrimp or other CCU such as snails. I've heard they are a safe pistol shrimp...but you can never be too careful!

plateboy3293
10/29/2008, 08:28 PM
I have a pistol shrimp currently in my 90 gallon and have been trying to acquire a yellow watchman goby for him. He lives under some rock near the corner of my tank. He will take snail shells from time to time into his burrow to support the rock. They are pretty cool mine has the habit of taking shells with snails in them but I never saw him kill any because they would all ways come out of the burrow safe. He will attack any shrimp or fish or invertabrates that pass to close to the burrow. They are reef safe and remember when he attacks a fish or invert its self defense.

Airwolf75
10/30/2008, 01:33 AM
I keep one with a Yellow Watchman, and it is really mild mannered with my cleaner shrimp, snails and hermits. if you want to do this, get a small one, and by the time it gets large enough to be a threat, the other shrimp will know where he burrows and avoid it.