PDA

View Full Version : ato

mushroomhead
11/01/2008, 02:18 PM
I'm using an Aqua medic dosing pump for my top off that has worked almost flawlessly fo about 2 yrs. Lately, the pump has been losing its prime. I have replaced both the pump hose and the inlet feed hose, thinking that air was getting in somehow. Now I think maybe the pump might not be strong enough to lift the water from the reservoir and air is getting in from the outlet side. Has anyone else had this problem. What is the service life of theese pumps?

will16
11/01/2008, 08:06 PM
I do not use that pump but one of the reasons I did not was because they only use 2 rollers. That means that depending on the position it stops at, it is possible for the fluid to back siphon back down the line and hence loose our prime. Maybe that is what's happening to you?

mushroomhead
11/02/2008, 08:20 AM
I don"t think that"s the problem, because even after I suck the water back to the pump, it looses it"s prime while it is running.

johnl69
11/02/2008, 09:02 AM
I had the same problem with these pumps after about a year even changing the tube didnt work the only way I could get it to work was to put the pump below the RO reserve.

mushroomhead
11/02/2008, 09:23 AM
I'll try that, but it seems it still has to pump the ro water up and out of the reservoir.

johnl69
11/02/2008, 10:07 AM
Sometime when I watched it, I used to see the water level in the tube hover around the level of the RO, however when the pump was placed below the reserve the water seemed to start a syphon and then it worked fine after that until the reserve ran out of water and stopped, to get it sterted agian I had to blow all the water out of the tube.

I hope that makes sense

mushroomhead
11/02/2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the tip, John. I moved the pump below the reserve water level and it seems to be working again. I might try wrapping the rollers with teflon tape to enlarge the diameter, to get a better pumping pressure.