PDA

View Full Version : 6100 failure

xtrstangx
11/02/2008, 08:41 AM
My 6100 has been broken for a couple of weeks. Multiple cleanings and nothing has changed. Vinegar, hot water, toothbrush. Siren keeps going off. My last cleaning I put it in 25% muriatic acid.

The impeller spins as freely as the day I bought it. I can stick my pinky down the impeller chamber and feel the inside. No calcium buildup left. Impeller has no calcium buildup. The lower bearing/o-ring are cleaned and scrubbed. Perfectly clean.

Now... when I plug it in, it spins for 3 revolutions. Immediately seizes up. After about a second of being seized up, it takes about 1-2 seconds before the alarm starts to scream. I pulled it out of the tank and tried to spin the impeller with my finger as soon as it seized up. It seemed rock solid, unable to budge it a fraction of an inch. As soon as the siren goes off, the impeller spins freely.

Do I need to send it in?

I'm not sure if this matters but its disconnect from the 7094 and the driver is set to flow 100%.

shawnz28
11/02/2008, 04:56 PM
Sounds like you should send it in. Roger will be offline and closed till Wednesday but you can send it in with a note in the box or a printout of your post for info on the problem along with your return address and contact info incase needed.

TUNZE USA LLC
305 Victor St
Austin TX 78753

rvitko
11/05/2008, 10:13 AM
Send it in, for the future, never use anything stronger than vinegar or citric acid, the plastic expands due to hydrogen bonds when exposed to strong acids and it becomes a vicious cycle the tolerances become tighter and the pump locks up increasingly faster as it runs hotter and more calcium is deposited.