PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla Glue Super Glue Gel

addonnis242
11/02/2008, 02:59 PM
I have a small Ricordea that has been AWOL for some time now yesterday my K4 blew it out from under a rock. The Ric is small so I want to try to glue it to a piece of LR because I'm scared a rubber band would harm it. My question is can I use Gorilla Glue super glue gel it says that it contains Cyanoacrylate which I have seen mentioned before on RC. If I can't use this one does anyone know of on that I can pick up at HD or Lowes, or should I just use the rubber band.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Will

CaptainCoral
11/02/2008, 03:09 PM
Gel super glue is a very good choice for soft corals when the coral is already attached to some sand,coralline,rubble etc.

addonnis242
11/02/2008, 03:45 PM
So no good to attach the Ric directly to a piece of rock then? Since this Ric is just floating around should I try the rubber band?

Dino
11/02/2008, 03:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13668089#post13668089 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by addonnis242
So no good to attach the Ric directly to a piece of rock then? Since this Ric is just floating around should I try the rubber band?

Have you tried putting it in a cup (in the tank) with some small pieces of rubble? :) The reason that super glue isn't usually used for soft corals is not that'll it'll hurt them in any way, they're just slimy so they don't stick very well.

addonnis242
11/02/2008, 04:03 PM
I have it in a cup right now with some LR rubble, but it keeps falling into the crevices between the pieces. I plan on leaving it in the cup but the Ric has already lost all its color from being out of the light for so long. I am worried that if I don't keep it in the light it may die.

crvz
11/02/2008, 05:25 PM
Put the cup in the tank with the rubble, thereby shielding the ric from flow but allowing it attach.