PDA

View Full Version : Recently bought a 6 line Wrasse.... He's cool!!

Saltcity
11/02/2008, 07:15 PM
I'm not much of a fish fan, mainly like corals but buying this 6 line Wrasse was a great decision!

He's in and out of the rock work like its an amusement park!!!!

Paaxil
11/02/2008, 08:19 PM
be careful when you add another fish they can be very agressive.

tewkes
11/02/2008, 08:23 PM
Very active fish. A little too active for my liking. I had one in my 24gallon aquapod and the thing freaked my other fish out. He was a spazz.
Another cool thing is that they will take care of any worms and or parasites pretty good. Mine was constantly on the prowl for stuff.

jc16
11/02/2008, 10:19 PM
yea i don't think you would be able to add any other wrasse in there because they will likely kill them i had the same issues iwht mine took him out

LisaD
11/02/2008, 10:42 PM
While some six lines are terror, that isn't always the case, at least not in my experience. I had a six-line in a tank with no other wrasses, and it was fine, never bothered any fish. Besides no other wrasses, there was a lot of live rock cover, maybe that had something to do with it.

It was with a sailfin blenny, bicolor blenny, orchid dottyback, mandarin, seahorses, leaf fish.

I had the fish about 2.5 years, and my mom had it about a year before that. I only lost it because it jumped out of my tank. Somehow, it learned how to get from the display to the Ecosystem 40 HOB refugium. I don't think it could get to it through the siphon, so I think it was jumping. Seems improbable, but its all I could think of. I found it in the refugium three or four times, and it always got back into the main tank after a while. This refugium doesn't work from an overflow, a powerhead pumps water back into the DT, so I think it was jumping between refugium and tank. I believe when I found it on the floor, it had probably missed.

Prince916
11/02/2008, 11:21 PM
I know this is not my thread but i am planning on putting a sixline wrasse but also planning on putting a mandarin. Will these two be alright? i have a 100g 6' with over 150lb of liverock.