PDA

View Full Version : 6045 Problems

Tunzi1
11/03/2008, 04:15 PM
About 3 months ago I purchased 4 Nanostream 6045's. Within the first two months 3 out of the 4 of the pumps clamp's tabs broke off of their bases. To remedy this I simply super-glued the clamps to the bases. While not a major problem I was still disappointed. Shortly after 1 of the c-clamps broke on me and I had to pull the pump out and order a replacement clamp. Since it broke so easily I decided to order two clamps and another two magnet holders since the tabs had broken off in the origianls. Lucky I did because as soon as the replacements arrived another one broke on me. About a week later I was turning the pumps back on after some cleaning and I noticed that one of the pumps propeller was making a loud noise. Once I realized I could not fix it, I was forced to pull the pump out and order a replacement propeller. Well the replacement came today and after installing it the noise is much better but is still slightly there. Since the pumps were off I decide to adjust the direction of one of the pumps and in the process the base broke off the base. So here I am 3 months into owning these pumps and I am about to have to purchase my third order of replacement parts. Is it just me or is anyone else having these problems?

jdieck
11/03/2008, 04:31 PM
Sorry for your trouble but IMO those pumps are not properly designed, I purchased two, One broke the clamp and later on in both the prop broke of the impeller magnet, after replacing the metal shafts on both broke from their support at the base of the impeller housing due to metal fatigue.
They are now in the garbage replaced by two modified maxijets.

Jar*Head
11/03/2008, 04:56 PM
Gent, if you have any problem at all with your pump, C clamp or broken propeller. Roger will send you the part or replace it for free AS LONG AS THE PUMP STILL WITHIN 2YRS. There is no reason to put them in the garbage.

Tunzi1, you must have bought the first generation tunze nano stream therefore the C clamp broke fairly easy. Just drop Roger (Rvitko) a pm on Wed and he'll send you the replacement. If your pump is stop working, send them in so Tunze USA can take a look and decide either repair or replace it with a new pump.

I have been using tunze for quite sometime and never have any problem with either the pump or customer service.

shawnz28
11/03/2008, 05:33 PM
Both the clamp and the shaft problems have been resolved with changes in materials and design. The clamps are made of a different material now, they were made of Lexan and now are made of Luran. I believe it was found that the mold machine could not fire the plastic to the specific temp needed and when heated to hot the lexan carbonizes making them brittle and thus the breakage.

As for the shafts they are now made by a different manufacturer and different material. The orginals were made of a stainless steel variant and now are made of a titainium alloy. Thus taking care of that problem as well. the other shaft problems from very early models where the shalf came free but did not break was due to the socket the shaft is pressure fitted into was shrunken by .1mm to give a tighter fit to resist them coming free with time.

All these issues are covered under Tunzes 2 year warranty.

Tunzi1
11/04/2008, 11:44 AM
"All these issues are covered under Tunzes 2 year warranty"
Sweet because I just broke another clamp. But I will definitely contact Roger thanks for the info.

Jar*Head
11/04/2008, 11:48 AM
You can PM Wartskin (Rodney) and he'll take care of you as well.