PDA

View Full Version : alveoporas

reefer31
11/05/2008, 12:48 PM
I was recently reading on online about the growth of alveopora being fairly fast but in my tank it has not really taken off growth wise. I got the coral about april of 2008(it came in to the lfs not looking so good and so got it for pretty cheap). I put it into my 29 gallon until my 120 was ready. Now it resides in my 120 on the sandbed my tank is 24" deep with relatively moderate flow, under 250 14k bulbs. The colors have come back from being very bleached and it looks healthy. I havent noticed much growth? Any suggestions on if the location of the coral is not right or if it needs more/less flow? Also would it take this long for the coral to finally heal fully and start to grow? These animals are fascinating to me and so I want to keep it healthy and growing. I have noticed that dosing AA has really helped this coral color up quickly and look healthy. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks

sutec13
11/05/2008, 09:18 PM
My alve is in a 29 high middle with a 150 MH over it. It gets pulsing heavy flow and it is doing very well and growing.

I know that high flow is a must and they like getting feed. I turn off the pumps and feed fish eggs and zooplankton. I think if you increase the flow and feed you'll see it plump up and start growing.