PDA

View Full Version : urgent: is my pvc cement still good to use?

asonitez
11/05/2008, 07:57 PM
I have some pvc cement almost an entire can that was used for plumbing job a few months ago. Its been sealed and in my cabinet with other stuff for a while. Is it still good to use? I'd hate to use it and the stuff sucks or something.

Roy G. Biv
11/05/2008, 08:11 PM
If it is still liquid like, its probably still good. I have used older cement in the past that wasnt to far from being a ball of rubber cement. Either way, a new bottle is around 4 bux at HD if youre nervous.

luv951
11/05/2008, 10:34 PM
I have used cement that was well over 4 years old. It was sealed tight and then in a tupperware in my garage. The primer was no longer purple, which I found strange. It still worked and the plumbing was leak free for about two years, before I switched tanks and took it down.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Kenmx10
11/05/2008, 10:54 PM
It will stay good for a long time if the can is sealed. If you can put it on with the applicator, its still good. If you cant hardly pull the brush out of the can , Buy some more.

melev
11/05/2008, 11:45 PM
Yep, still good. However, let it cure for a bit (several hours) before running saltwater through it. That not only allows the joints to bond better, but takes away the risk of harming some of the livestock in your system.

Rysam
11/06/2008, 09:16 AM
i've used christys red hot blue glue while it is gelatinous without an issue.