PDA

View Full Version : spinning plate off balance?

VaderWS6
11/06/2008, 01:29 PM
My vortech mp40w puts out some good flow, but not like I thought it would. I have it mounted on the side of my 75 gallon, and at full power the flow barely reaches the other side of the tank. I do get about an inch or 1.5" of wave on short pulse though. I'm wondering if the reason could be that the spinning plate on the dry side isn't perfectly centered. If I manually move it in a circle, its off balance. Its been like this since I bought it. Should I send the pump back?

EcoTech Marine
11/06/2008, 01:43 PM
The flow from the VorTech is extremely broad and therefore I would not expect you to 'feel' it on the other side of the a 75gal tank, although you certainly should be able to see it. If your pump is able to make such a large wave on your tank, I would say that it is absolutely behaving as designed and that nothing is wrong with it.

The eccentricity of the dry side magnet does not affect the flow rate produced by the pump and some eccentricity is considered within normal tolerance for our pump.

-Tim

VaderWS6
11/07/2008, 02:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13694049#post13694049 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by EcoTech Marine
The flow from the VorTech is extremely broad and therefore I would not expect you to 'feel' it on the other side of the a 75gal tank, although you certainly should be able to see it. If your pump is able to make such a large wave on your tank, I would say that it is absolutely behaving as designed and that nothing is wrong with it.

The eccentricity of the dry side magnet does not affect the flow rate produced by the pump and some eccentricity is considered within normal tolerance for our pump.

-Tim

Awesome, good to hear. Thanks